Chicken Tandoori is one of the famous Indian cuisines. It is the process of Chicken marinated in aromatic spices and then baked till it gets crisp.This is one of my favorite Indian cuisines which i love to make more often.
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 1 hour
- Whole Chicken(without skin)
- Ginger powder/paste – 1/2 tbsp
- Garlic powder/paste – 1/2 tbsp
- Yogurt / curd – 1/2 cup
- Red Chili Powder – 2 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Red Food Color
- Corn flour for dusting – 1 tbsp
- Kitchen String
- Wash whole chicken inside out and then pat dry using a paper towel.
- Make holes all over the chicken using knife.
- Mix Red chili powder, lemon juice, Ginger powder/paste, Garlic powder/paste,Cumin Powder, Coriander powder,Yogurt/curd,Olive oil,Red food color, Salt into a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste all over the chicken, as well as inside the cavity.
- Tie the legs of the chicken with a kitchen string as shown in the picture above.
- Cover and keep this marinated chicken in refrigerator overnight.
- Take out the marinated chicken from the refrigerator at least 45 minutes before placing it in the oven.
- Dust corn flour using tea/coffee strainer all over chicken.
- Transfer the chicken in to a baking dish and brush some oil on the chicken.
- Bake in Pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes (20 minutes each side) and Broil for 20 minutes (10 minutes each side).
- Once cooked, cover with aluminium foil and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot with a salad and lemon .
- You can make this with skin or skinless whole chicken,but i prefer skinless.
- Dusting corn flour makes your chicken crispy.
- Covering the cooked chicken with aluminium foil , makes your chicken juicy.