There are many versions of a roasted whole chicken world wide and this Indian style is one of its kind with Indian flavors. It is Juicy,crispy,spicy and full of flavors.
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 60 minutes
- Curd- 1/2 cup
- Black pepper powder- 4tsp
- Ginger paste -1tbsp
- Garlic paste- 1tbsp
- Red Chili powder-2tsp
- Cumin Powder-2tsp
- Coriander Powder-2tsp
- Oil – 4tsp
- Mint leaves
- Cilantro ( coriander)
- Chat masala
- Salt as per taste
- Mix salt,black pepper powder,Red chili powder,cumin powder,coriander powder,ginger & garlic paste,curd , oil in to a smooth paste.
- Rinse your chicken and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Using a knife, Poke holes all over the chicken, as this helps marination go into the chicken.
- Rub the marinade on the chicken, under the skin and cavity as well.
- Cover and marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours or overnight. I highly recommend marinating it overnight in the refrigerator.
- Take out the marinated chicken from the refrigerator at least 45 minutes before placing it in the oven.
- Transfer the chicken in to a baking dish and brush some oil on the chicken.
- Fill the cavity with diced onions,mint leaves & cilantro (coriander) leaves. This will give a nice aroma to your chicken.
- Bake in Pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes (15 minutes each side) and broil for 20 minutes (10 minutes each side).
- Once cooked, cover with aluminium foil and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- sprinkle some chat masala on top of chicken for a tangy flavor on a serving plate.
So have you ever tried any Indian dish??If yes then let me know about your experience in the comment section below
When buying a chicken ,make sure to keep the skin on ,the skin ensures that the chicken remains juicy and doesn’t dry out.
Categories: Main course